Our classes are run in different locations:
1. On-site at schools please read below on this page.
2. Bricks 4 Kidz Sai Kung Creativity Center, 1/f, 65 Man Nin St, Sai Kung Town please visit our “Classes” page.
3. Causeway Bay Creativity Center & schools on Hong Kong Island/Lantau please visit Causeway Bay Bricks 4 Kidz website https://www.bricks4kidz.com.hk/cwb/ or Phone: 2523 5200 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After School Enrichment Classes
Bricks 4 Kidz after-school classes build on the universal popularity of LEGO® bricks to deliver a high quality of educational play. Kids construct a new model each week based on exciting themes from space to sports, amusement parks to animals.
Our trained, screened Bricks 4 Kidz teachers lead a discussion related to that day’s model, using materials designed by educators to teach concepts across a variety of subject areas. Kids will learn about everything from gears, torque, and friction, to geography, space exploration, weather and MORE!
Working with a partner, kids experience the hands-on fun of model building, from concept to completion. All of our models are designed by Bricks 4 Kidz model designers, so you won’t find them on the shelves of your local toy store. Students who finish building their model early will be given challenges such as altering gear ratios, re-engineering their model and more.
If time allows students will have free-play time rounds out the hour, giving kids an opportunity to develop their creativity.
Mondays – International Christian School – Contact school directly to enroll
Mondays – International Christian Schol Kindergarten – Contact school directly to enroll
Tuesdays – No Schools at the moment
Tuesdays – Sha Tin Junior School – Classes in term 1 are canceled. We will be back for term 2!
Wednesdays – Renaissance College Hong Kong -currently full – we are checking with the school about opening additional places – contact us on email@example.com .
Thursdays –Clear Water Bay School – Classes are open for enrollment please contact us now to enroll on firstname.lastname@example.org More information here.
Fridays – French International School – currently full – we are checking with the school about opening additional places – contact us on email@example.com .
Fridays – Kellett Kowloon Bay – Contact school directly to enroll
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
Please make check payable to: “Bricks 4 Kidz”
Educational benefits of building with LEGO® at Bricks 4 Kidz:
We begin with each class a lesson about the background & concepts behind the model of that day. Next, a hands-on model build where students construct machines, animals, vehicles & more.
- We use specialized Bricks 4 Kidz LEGO Technic® kits containing 182 components such as gears, axles & motors. From those kits, Bricks 4 Kidz has over 250 lessons & models we can build! We promise each term & year has new, exciting themes & challenges.
- Every Bricks 4 Kidz model build has 2 versions & levels of difficulty. So within 1 class, we can cater to different levels of ability. Older students get challenges including remote controls or changing gear ratios.
- Fine-motor skills are developed as children sort & assemble small bricks, axles, gears, and bushings.
- Hands-on classes engage visual, auditory and kinesthetic learning styles.
- Social-emotional skills such as patience, communication, problem-solving language skills and cooperation are used in the building.
- Working to complete a project develops goal-oriented persistence.
- Teaches kids to think in three dimensions.
- Creativity and improvising in free play & modifying model.
- Students retain more when lessons utilize LEGO® bricks to motivate & demonstrate concepts.
Benefits of S.T.E.M.
SCIENCE Each model provides kids with a new scientific vocabulary. Lessons that focus on topics such as laws of motion, employ the concept of physical science, requiring children to apply what they’ve learned to their build.
TECHNOLOGY Technology implements the use of science to invent and problem solve. Children 3-13 use their creativity and analytical skills to discover viable solutions to problems presented at the start of each lesson.
ENGINEERING Engineering uses the practical application of science to design and create. Although they may not realize it, kids use engineering skills to construct models, such as bridges, towers and roller coasters.
MATH Children are given the opportunity to invariably utilize math skills as they estimate, count, measure and build with LEGO® Bricks.