Our classes are run in different locations:
1. On-site at schools please read below on this page.
2. Bricks 4 Kidz Sai Kung Creativity Center, M/f, 40 See Cheung Street, Sai Kung Town please visit our “Classes” page.
3. Schools on Hong Kong Island/Lantau please visit Causeway Bay Bricks 4 Kidz website https://www.bricks4kidz.com.hk/cwb/ or Phone: 2523 5200 or Email: email@example.com
After School Enrichment Classes
Bricks 4 Kidz after-school classes build on the universal popularity of LEGO® bricks to deliver a high quality of educational play. Kids construct a new model each week based on exciting themes from space to sports, amusement parks to animals.
Our trained, screened Bricks 4 Kidz teachers lead a discussion related to that day’s model, using materials designed by educators to teach concepts across a variety of subject areas. Kids will learn about everything from gears, torque, and friction, to geography, space exploration, weather and MORE!
Working with a partner, kids experience the hands-on fun of model building, from concept to completion. All of our models are designed by Bricks 4 Kidz model designers, so you won’t find them on the shelves of your local toy store. Students who finish building their model early will be given challenges such as altering gear ratios, re-engineering their model and more.
If time allows students will have free-play time rounds out the hour, giving kids an opportunity to develop their creativity.
PLEASE NOTE: for all classes currently held at the schools, our students MUST be students currently attending that school. This is a requirement of the schools we work with and is not at our discretion.
Mondays – International Christian School – Enrollment is Open! Contact school directly to enroll
Tuesdays – Sha Tin Junior School – Enrollment is Open! Enroll at https://hk.bricks4kidznow.com or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll
Wednesdays – Renaissance College Hong Kong -Enrollments Open! Contact school directly to enroll
Thursdays –Clear Water Bay School – Classes are open for enrollment at https://hk.bricks4kidznow.com or contact us now to enroll on email@example.com
Fridays – French International School – contact the school directly to enroll
Fridays – Kellett Kowloon Bay – Contact school directly to enroll
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
Please make check payable to: “Bricks 4 Kidz”
Educational benefits of building with LEGO® at Bricks 4 Kidz:
We begin with each class a lesson about the background & concepts behind the model of that day. Next, a hands-on model build where students construct machines, animals, vehicles & more.
- We use specialized Bricks 4 Kidz LEGO Technic® kits containing 182 components such as gears, axles & motors. From those kits, Bricks 4 Kidz has over 250 lessons & models we can build! We promise each term & year has new, exciting themes & challenges.
- Every Bricks 4 Kidz model build has 2 versions & levels of difficulty. So within 1 class, we can cater to different levels of ability. Older students get challenges including remote controls or changing gear ratios.
- Fine-motor skills are developed as children sort & assemble small bricks, axles, gears, and bushings.
- Hands-on classes engage visual, auditory and kinesthetic learning styles.
- Social-emotional skills such as patience, communication, problem-solving language skills and cooperation are used in the building.
- Working to complete a project develops goal-oriented persistence.
- Teaches kids to think in three dimensions.
- Creativity and improvising in free play & modifying model.
- Students retain more when lessons utilize LEGO® bricks to motivate & demonstrate concepts.
Benefits of S.T.E.M.
SCIENCE Each model provides kids with a new scientific vocabulary. Lessons that focus on topics such as laws of motion, employ the concept of physical science, requiring children to apply what they’ve learned to their build.
TECHNOLOGY Technology implements the use of science to invent and problem solve. Children 3-13 use their creativity and analytical skills to discover viable solutions to problems presented at the start of each lesson.
ENGINEERING Engineering uses the practical application of science to design and create. Although they may not realize it, kids use engineering skills to construct models, such as bridges, towers and roller coasters.
MATH Children are given the opportunity to invariably utilize math skills as they estimate, count, measure and build with LEGO® Bricks.